Alexa, Cortana and Google - Vying for my love!

My three children - it seems - are vying for my attention this month. Cortana arrived first and was largely ignored and later despised. Alexa came into our life second and made us smile for a while... until we asked her questions we would normally "google", including traffic conditions on the way to work and discovered her limitations. Now I'm reaching out to Google Home... and I have great expectations!

Cortana never had a chance. She was shoved into my life by Microsoft when I bought a new computer. She lurks around on my laptop, ignored, annoying and pissing me off with her pushy pop-ups. We are both frustrated as my attempts at disabling her failed miserably. Microsoft doesn't allow one to disable Cortana through configuration setting! It seems ridiculous that one cannot change configuration settings to disable her, really! My only option is to edit the registry, which is a bit scary. If I make a mistake I could screw up my computer.  I googled the solution of course and found detailed instructions, but still! I have to think about this. GRrrrr...  Microsoft makes it really easy to dislike them!!!

More to come...

Comments

Popular Posts