CES in Las Vegas: I finally get to go!

For years I've dreamed of attending the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) http://www.cesweb.org/, and I just could never justify it. Finally this year, thanks to my employer (thank you NII!!!) I'm doing it, as part of our senior leadership team meeting. It's a gadget lover's Mecca! I can't wait and already I'm worried that I won't have enough time to roam the exhibits. Things I'm looking forward to are the new breed of laptops, Ultrabooks; new advances in TV technology (thinner, connected to the web) and web enabled stuff for our cars! Oh and tablets too... I forgot about cell phones... I want to see it all!

- - - - - - -
Update on November 7, 2014

My former employer NII is going through bankruptcy proceedings. Not a complete surprise to me. I remember when I was interviewing for the job of head of HR for the HQ office... I asked if NII (a.k.a Nextel in South America) had plans to provide Android OS to their customers. They were just starting to work on this. We're talking about 2010. I was surprised!  It always seemed to me that NII's strategy was flawed because their systems did not provide mobile data. Their sole "claim to fame" was the Push To Talk radio which allowed their customers to talk for free, basically, with people in other countries, mainly in the US. Nice, but, how can one function without mobile data?!  I didn't get it. Neither did their customers!  Ho hum.

Comments

Popular Posts